פרופ' חנה טרגן
A. Books and Monographs
1.Art and Patronage in the Umayyad Palace in Jericho, Jerusalem, Yad Ben-Zvi, 1997 (Hebrew)
2. Editor with Nissim Gal, The Beauty of Japheth in the Tents of Shem: Studies in Honor of Mordechai Omer, Assaph, Studies in Art History, vols. 13-14, Tel Aviv University, 2010.
C. Refereed Articles
1."Umayyad Art between Damascus and Mesopotamia," Hamizrah Hehadash (The Near East) Journal of the Israel Oriental Society 38 (1996),147-157.(Hebrew).
2. "The Role of Ornament in Medieval Islamic Architecture" Motar 3 (1996),65-70. (Hebrew).
3."Remarks on Mamluk Architecture in Cairo", Bulletin of the Israeli Academic Center in Cairo, 22(1997),20-24.
4."The Image of the Dome of the Rock in Cairene Mamluk Architecture", Jewish Art, 22/23, (1997/1998), 453-459.
5. "The Peopled Scrolls at the Umayyad Palace in Jericho - Some Observations", Assaph, 3(1998), 93-108.
6. . "Architecture, Art and Context –The Case of New Gourna in Upper Egypt", Motar 6 (1998) ,9-14.
7. "Architecture in Fact and Fiction: The Case of the New Gourna Village in Upper Egypt, Muqarnas,16(1999),169-178.
8. 'The Stone's Strength : Baybars and the Tomb of Abu Hurayra/ Rabban Gamliel in Yavneh" Kathedra 97(2000), 65-84.
9. "Atlas Transformed - Interpretation of the ‘Supporting Figures’ in the Umayyad Palace at Khirbat al-Mafjar", East and West (2003), 1-29.
10. "Historical Reference in Medieval Islamic Architecture: Baybars` Buildings in Palestine" in Bulletin of the Israeli Academic Center in Cairo 25(2002) 31-34.
11. "The Tomb of Sayyidna `Ali in Arsuf: The Story of a Holy Place." Journal of the Royal Asiatic Society, (November 2004) 83-102.
12. "The ‘Speaking’ Inkwell from Khurasan: Object as 'World' in Iranian Medieval Metalwork", Muqarnas 22(2005), 29-44.
13. " Holy Place in the Making: Maqam Nabi Musa in the Early Mamluk Period." Aram 18-19 (2006-2007), 621-639.
14. "Mamluk Patronage and Crusaders Memory", Assaph, Studies in Art History 10(2006), 225-234.
15. "Constructing a Visual Rhetoric: Craftsmen and Builders in the Umayyad Palace at Qusayr 'Amra" Al-Masaq (Islam and the Medieval Mediterranean) 18/2(2008), 141-160.
16. The "Gate of Heaven" (Sha'ar Hashamyim) Synagogue in Cairo (1898-1905) Contextualizing Jewish Communal Architecture in a Muslim Environment" Journal of Jewish Identities, 2/1(2009), 31-53.
17. The "Gate of Heaven" (Sha'ar Hashamyim) Synagogue in Cairo (1898-1905) Contextualizing Jewish Communal Architecture in a Muslim Environment", Hamizrah Hehadash (The New East), Journal of the Israel Oriental Society 48 (2009), 37-55. (Hebrew).
18. Taragan, Hana, “An Artuqid Candelstick from the Al-Aqsa Museum :Object as Document", Ars Orientalis 42 (2012),79-88.
D. Chapters in Books
1.."Al-Ashraf Khalil and the Abu Hurayra/Rabban Gamaliel Tomb in Yavneh in the Early Mamluk Period: Architecture as Propaganda", in Moshe Fischer (Ed.), Yavneh, Yavneh-Yam and Their Neighborhood. Studies in the Archaeology and History of the Judean Coastal Plain, Tel Aviv University, 2005, 317-338. (Hebrew). 105-124.
2. "Sign of the Times: Reuse of the Past in Baybars's Architecture in Palestine", D. Wassertein and A. Ayalon (Eds.), Mamluk and Ottoman Studies in Honour of Michael Winter, London, Routledge, 2006, 54-66.
3."The Tomb of Sayyiduna 'Ali in Arsuf-The Story of a Holy Place" in I. Rol, O. Tal and M. Winter (Eds.), The Encounter of Crusaders and Muslims in Palestine as Reflected in Arsuf, Sayyidna 'Ali and other Coastal Sites, Tel Aviv, Hakibbutz HaMeuchad Publishing House, 2007 (Hebrew).
4. ''The Noble and the Savage :Reflection on a Mosaic Pavement in the Umayyad Palace at Khirbat al–Mafjar", in C. Verzar et al. (Eds.) Pictorial Languages and Their Meanings, Tel Aviv University, Summer 2006,. 1-10.
5. "Synagogues" in Nahem Ilan (Ed.), Egypt, Jewish Community in the East in the Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries, Ben-Zvi Institute and The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 2008, 139-150. (Hebrew)
.E. Papers Presented at Scientific Meetings Published in Proceedings
1."Politics and Aesthetics: Sultan Baybars and the Abu Hurayra/Rabbi Gamliel Building in Yavne" in A. Ovadiah (Ed.), Milestones in the Art and Culture of Egypt, Tel Aviv University, 2000, 117-143.
2. "A Matter of Looking: the Female Images in the Umayyad Palace in Khirbat al-Mafjar", in The Metamorphosis of Marginal Images: From Antiquity to Present Time, N. Kennan-Kedar and A. Ovadiah (Eds.), Tel-Aviv University, 2001, 69-78.
3. "Doors that Open Meanings: The Baybars Portal to the Red Mosque (Safed)" in M. Winter and A. Levanoni (Eds.), Mamluks in Egyptian and Syrian Politics and Society, Leiden, 2004, 3-20.
G. Other Publications
1. “The Arabesque – It Has No Name”, Mishkafayyim 38, 1999, 12-15.
2. “Jerusalem Light and Stone – Architecture and Art in Jerusalem”, multimedia CD, Ministry of Education, Jerusalem, Curriculum Division. Scientific advisor, and writing the section on Muslim Jerusalem, July 2001.
3. Writing the curriculum for Israeli high school Muslim art studies (for both the Jewish and Arab sectors), 2005/2006.
4. Writing the curriculum for Israeli high school Muslim art studies (for both the Jewish and Arab sectors), 2012-2014..