ד"ר אסתר בטרמן גרבינר
Tel Aviv University, Departments of Philosophy and Art History, B.A. Degree.
Tel Aviv University, Department of Art History: M.A. Degree (cum laude).
Themes: "The Image of the Sinful woman in the Middle Ages – A case study: The Siren"; "Crusader Architecture in the Holy Land – A case study: Supports"; supervisor: Prof. Nurith Kenaan-Kedar.
Sorbonne, Paris, Departments of Art History and Medieval Archaeology; D.E.A. Degree with distinction.
Sorbonne, Paris, Departments of Art History and Medieval Archaeology; Ph.D. (summa cum laude).
Title of thesis: Elbow Columns, a Diffusion of an Architectural Element between East and West in the 12th – 14th century.
Supervisor: Prof. Léon Pressouyre, director of Studies of Western Medieval Art at the Sorbonne and Vice President of the University.
Awards and Grants
Scholarship Award. The French foreign office of the French Government.
Research project: Exchange of Architectural Elements Between Europe and Middle East during Romanesque and the Gothic Periods.
Research Grant. Israel Science Foundation (ISF), grant # 136/07.
Research project: From "Bet-ha’am - The "Folk House" to the "Culture House" Phenomena of architecture, culture and society in Israel, 1882-1976.
Nomination as Excellent Teacher of the Year at Yolanda & Davis katz Faculty of the Arts. Awarded by the Rector of Tel Aviv University.
1. 1996-1997: The Construction Enterprise of the Military Orders (Hospitallers,Templars, Teutonic Knights) in the Crusader Kingdom of Jerusalem; commissioned by the Culture and Environmental Protection Unit of Aveyron Regional Council, France; completed and submitted in July 1997 (140 pp.).
2. 1998 : Biblical Gilgal and its Affiliation With the Site of the Hill Near Netiv Ha-Gedud (193/155); commissioned by the Israeli Ministry of Tourism, the Arvot Hayarden Economical Society and the Bik’at Hayarden Regional Council, as a background for the development of a new tourism project in Gilgal (Jordan Valley) (11 pp.).
3. 1999-2000: Ben Shemen Wood Park and Park Modi’in – a Historical and archaeological for a master plan, a statuary plan and a development program for a central metropolitan park; commissioned by Keren Kayemet le-Israel (19 pp.)
4. 2002-2004: An architectural and historical background of the “Park ha-Derech el ha-Ir”, “Open air Museum to Crusader Architecture”, for a master plan and a statuary plan, commissioned by Keren Kayemet le-Israel (42 p.).
5. 2007 – 2010: From "Bet-Ha’am" – The “Folk House” to the "House of Culture", Phenomena of architecture, culture and society in Israel, 1882-1956. Research by the ISF – The Israel Science Foundation (in work
6. 2008 – 2010: An architectural and historical background of the "Regional Park Erez”, for a master plan and a statuary plan, commissioned by Keren Kayemet le-Israel (in work).