Original Articles (in peer reviewed journals)
1. Dec. 2009 'Bin Laden, The Belly Dancer and the Ethnographic Collection of Israel Museum: Images of Muslims, Arabs and Palestinians in Contemporary Japanese Art,' Ma'arav Magazine: for Art and Culture (in Hebrew), electronic magazine http://maarav.org.il/2009/12/13/zohar_japan/
2. Jan. 2011 'The Paintings of Ibrahim Nubani : Assimilation, Camouflage and Schizophrenia', Theory, Culture & Society, vol. 28(1), 3-33. http://tcs.sagepub.com/content/28/1/3.full.pdf+html
3. Oct. 2011 'The Elu[va]sive Japanese Portrait: Repetition, Difference and Multiplicity', Trans Asia Photography Review, Vol. 2 issue 1 http://quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=tap;view=text;rgn=main;idno=7977573.0002.103
4. Oct. 2011 'The Elu[va]sive Portrait: Mimicry, Masquerade and Camouflage Conceptual and Theoretical Notes, an Introduction', Trans Asia Photography Review, Vol. 2 issue 1 http://quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=tap;view=text;rgn=main;idno=7977573.0002.102
5. Oct. 2012 'Camouflage, Photography and [In]visibility: Yamashiro Chikako's "Chorus of Melodies" series (2010)', Trans Asia Photography Review, Vol. 3 issue 1 http://quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=tap;view=text;rgn=main;idno=7977573.0003.105
6. Jan. 2013 'On Butō and Body, Gender, Performance and Mimicry: Morimura Yasumasa, Ōno Kazuo and the Movement Discourse', Dance Now 23 (special issue: On Butō Dance) (in Hebrew), 76-81.
7. Jan. 2014 'Yayoi Kusama: The Jewel, the Mirror and the String of Beads', N. Paradoxa vol. 33 (special issue: Religion).
Chapters in Books
1. 'The Pregnant Man: Fiction or Future Reality?', in Ayelet Zohar, ed., PostGender: Gender, Sexuality and Performativity in Japanese Culture, Cambridge Scholars Press, UK, 2009, 171-181.
2. 'The Multiplicity of the Phallus: Becoming and Repetition', in Ayelet Zohar, ed., PostGender: Gender, Sexuality and Performativity in Japanese Culture, Cambridge Scholars Press, UK, 2009,109-154.
3. 'Anti-Oedipus, Ajase Complex and PostGender: The Multiplicity and Temporality of Genders', in: Ayelet Zohar, ed., PostGender: Gender, Sexuality and Performativity in Japanese Culture, Cambridge Scholars Press, UK, 2009, xxvii-lvi.
4. 'Pelluses/ Phani: The Multiplication, Displacement and Appropriation of the Phallus', in Keith Vincent & Nina Cornyetz, eds., Perversion and Modern Japan: Experiments in Psychoanalysis, London: Routledge, 2010, 102-123.
5. 'Strategies of Camouflage: Schizoanalysis in Contemporary Photography' in: Ian Buchanan and Lorna Collins, eds., Deleuze and the Schizoanalysis of Visual Art, London: Bloomsbury Publishing, 2014.
6. 'Two Photographs of the A Bombs: Matsushige Yoshito (Hiroshima) and Yamahata Yōsuke' (Nagasaki) in: End of Empire: One Hundred Days in 1945 that Changed Asia and the World, Copenhagen, Denmark: Nordic Institute of Asian Studies (forthcoming 2015).
1. April 2013 Review of Maki Fukuoka's "The Premise of Fidelity: Science, Visuality, and Representing the real in Nineteenth-Century Japan, Trans Asia Photography Review, Vol. 3, issue 2 http://quod.lib.umich.edu/t/tap/7977573.0003.213/--maki-fukuoka-the-premise-of-fidelity-science-visuality?rgn=main;view=fulltext
2. May 2013 Review of Paul O'Neill's 'The Culture of Curating and the Curating of Culture(s)', Journal of Curatorial Studies, vol. 2. issue 2, Summer 2013
1. Jul-Aug. 1998 'Chen Zhen: The Edge of Poetics- 50 strokes to Each', Studio 95, 62-64 (in Hebrew)
2. Apr. 2012 'Okinawa-Philadelphia-Tokyo: The Specificity and Complexity of Mao Ishikawa’s Photographic Work', Trans Asia Photography Review, Vol. 2 issue 2 http://quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=tap;view=text;rgn=main;idno=7977573.0002.204
3. July 2012 'Adding to Subtract', exhibition review, Erev Rav Magazine for Art and Culture', (in Hebrew), http://erev-rav.com/archives/19272
4. Nov. 2012 'Meta Narrative: Reconsidering Exhibitions of Asian Art in Israel', Erev Rav Magazine for Art and Culture (in Hebrew), http://erev-rav.com/archives/21118
Invited papers in scientific meetings
1. June 2004 The Politics of Palimpsests, Re-mediating Handwriting, Bauhaus University, Weimar.
2. Feb. 2005 Camouflage and Schizophrenia: Masquerade and Crisis in the Arab-Israeli Conflict, Invited lecture, interpreting the documentary film Undercover Dreams, Group for War and Cultural Studies, Westminster University, London.
3. Spring 2006 Trends in Contemporary Japanese Art: Morimura Yasumasa vs. Murakami Takashi, Japanese Art course, Department of Art and Archaeology, led by Dr. Timon Screech and Dr. John Carpenter, SOAS, School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London.
4. Oct. 2007 Skins of Camouflage: Invisibility, The Wind Skin and Camouflage in Contemporary East-Asian Art, Inivited Lectures, Centre of East-Asian Studies, Stanford University.
5. May 2009 Fact and Fiction in the Jungle: The jungle years of Onoda Hirō, Suzuki Norio’s photojournalistic images (1974) and Tsukada mamoru’ Identical Twin Series (2003), Centre of East Asian Studies, Inivted lecture, Stanford University.
6. Nov. 2009 Bin Laden, The Belly Dancer and The Ethnographic collection of Israel Museum: Images of Muslims, Arabs and Palestinians in Contemporary Japanese Art, Departmental seminar, East-Asian Studies dept, Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
7. Oct. 2011 Between Political Consciousness and Escapism, Tashmoo Lecture at Hampshire College, Liebling Center for Film, Photography, and Video, Hampshire College
8. Oct. 2011 "Camouflage, Photography and [In]visibility: Yamashiro Chikako's Choros of the Melodies series (2010)," Trans Asia Photography Review Annual Symposium, Hampshire College.
9. Oct. 2011 Strategies of Camouflage: Suzuki Norio’s Photographs of Onoda Hiroo (1974), and TsukadaMamoru’s Identical Twins Series (2003), invited lectue, Centre of Japanese Studies, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
10. Oct. 2011 The Camel Breeder, the Belly Dancer, and the Terrorist: Images of Muslims, Arabs and Palestinians in Contemporary Japanese Art and Visual Culture, Barbarians, Monsters, Hybrids and Mutants: Asian Inventions of Human "Others”, The Freer | Fall Symposium History of Art Dept., University of Michigan, Ann Arbour.
11. Jan. 2012 The Elu[va]sive Portrait: Contemporary Photographic Japanese Portraits at MEM Inc. Gallery, Tokyo,
12. Mar. 2012 Shiina Sukemasa 信伊奈亮正 (1868-1933) and the Photography of Light and Darkness in Contemporary Context, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Letters.
13. May 2012 Imaging the Other: Images of Muslims and Arabs in Japanese Visual Culture in the 20th c., Visualizing Asia Conference, Princeton University, NJ.
14. Mar. 2013 Hibakusha: Photographic Representations of those who survived the Atomic bomb, and Life after the Atrocities in: Sickness and Disability: A View from Japan, Workshop at Bar Ilan University, Israel.
15. May 2013 Dromedaries on the Tokaido: Camel Images in the Late Edo Period (1803-1861), Passages: Continuity and Change in the Edo Arts, International Workshop, The Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
16. Sep 2013 The Opaque Image: Anti-Photography and shashin in the History of Japanese Photography Tokyo University Cultural Studies Study Group, Komaba Campus, Tokyo.
17. Jun 2014 Performing the Line: Shiraga Kazuo and the Painting Performances of the 1950s, Performing Japanese Traditions: Temporal and Spatial Reconsideration of Dramatics, Poetics, and Ritual Practices, Research workshop of the Israeli Science Foundation, orhanised by Prof. Zvika Serper and Dr. Irit Averbuch, Tel Aviv Universty.
18. June 2014 Morimura Yasumasa and the Yokohama Triannale, Invited lecture at the Embassy of Japan, Tel Aviv.
19. June 2014 From the Aeroplane-View to the Underground Scene: Contemporary Screen in Japan, Israel Museum, Jerusalem
20. July 2014 Traces of Light: Photography, Anti-Photography, and the Role of Light in the History of Japanese Photography, from Easki Reiji to Kitano Ken, MEM Gallery, Tokyo
21. Sep 2014, Koizumi Meiro: The Kamikaze Projects Towards a definition of Third Generation in Japan, PoNJA GenKon 10th Anniversary Symposium, organized by NYU (East-Asian Studies Dep.) Japan Sociey, and MoMA.
22. June 2015, Mahatma Gandhi, Mao Zedong and Nguyen Ngoc Loan executes Viet Cong Captain Nguyen Van Lem: The Asian Images of Morimura Yasumasa, Imagining Asian Art in Global Asias Symposium, Mori Art Museum and University of Tokyo.
Papers presented at scientific meetings
1. Feb 2006, "Kusama Yayoi Narcissus Garden: Camouflage and Schizophrenia", 94th CAA Conference, Boston, MA.
3. Feb 2009, "Tsukada Mamoru: Soldier and Civilian in the Jungle", 97th CAA Conference, Los Angeles, CA.
4. June 2008 "The Art of Camouflage: The jungle years of Onoda Hiroo and Mamoru Tsukada’s Identical Twins photographic series," 'War and Art panel', Chair: Louisa McDonald, Asian Studies Japan Conference (ASJC), Tokyo.
5. Mar. 2009 "Orientalising Orientalism: Images of Arabs and Arabness in Contemporary Japanese Art", American Comparative Literature Asociation (ACLA), Harvard University, Cambridge, MA.
6. Sep. 2010 "Anthropology, Topology and Photography: Masaru Goto and the Japanese Burakumin’s (outcaste) Struggle for Social Equality" in: The Social Life of Methods, CRESC Annual Conference, St. Hugh College, Oxford University, UK.
7. Jan. 2013 Camouflage, The 9th Political and Critical Lexical Conference, Tel Aviv University,
8. Mar. 2013, "The performative and the performance: Joe Rosenthal's The Second Raising of the Flag in Iwo Jima (February 23, 1945) and Morimura Yasumasa's Gift of Sea: Raising a Flag on the Summit of the Battlefield (2010)" in: War Affect, War Memory: Contemporary Photographic Images and the Pacific War Memory in Japan, AAS Conference 2013, San Diego.
9. May 2013 "Sex and the City: Nagisa Oshima, Pornography, Terror and Avant-Garde Cinema in 1960s Shinjuku" in: Nagisa Oshima: The Prophet of Post-War Japanese Urbanity, 1st IAJS conference, University of Haifa, Haifa.
10. Jun 2014 "The Photography of Becoming-Imperceptible: Ohtsuka Chino images of Family Album," Deleuze Asia Conference, Osaka University, Japan.
11. July 2014 "The Nomadic Kamikaze: Challenging concepts of War and Pacifism in Koizumi Meiro Kamikaze Videos", 7th Deleuze Studies Conference Istanbul 2014, Turkey.
12. July 2014 "Port Town Elegy": Mao Ishikawa's Photography and the Okinawa Politics, XVIII ISA World Conference of Sociology, Yokohama, Japan, July 2014.
13. Feb 2015 "Performativity and Parafiction: Between Mimicry and Camouflage Koizumi Meiro and the Kamikaze video performances," in: Truth Telling and Parafiction: Practice and Theory panel, 103rd CAA Conference, New York
14. March 2015, "War and Photography: The bombing of Tokyo, Hiroshima and Nagasaki through the Lens of three photographers: Ishikawa, Matsushige and Yamahata," Seventy Years to the Bombing of Tokyo and the Atomic Bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki Symposium, University of Haifa.
1. 'Mahatma Gandhi, Mao Zedong and Nguyen Ngoc Loan executes Viet Cong Captain Nguyen Van Lem: The Asian Images of Morimura Yasumasa, 1991-2010', Conference Proceedings, Imagining Asian Art in Global Asias Symposium, Mori Art Museum and University of Tokyo.
Books and Journals Edited
1. July 2009 Editor, PostGender: Gender, Sexuality and Performativity in Japanese Culture, Cambridge Scholars Publishing, UK, 341p. ISBN 1-4438-0990-X
2. Oct 2011 Guest editor, The Eva[lu]sive Portrait: Photographic Portraiture in East-Asia and Beyond, Trans Asia Photography Review, Vol. 2, issue 1 http://quod.lib.umich.edu/t/tap/7977573.0002.1*?rgn=main;view=fulltext
3. Jun 2015 Editor, Beyond Hiroshima: The return of the Repressed Wartime Memory, the Performative and the Documentary in Contemporary Japanese Photography and Video-Art, Tel Aviv University Art Gallery 288p. ISBN 978-965-7160-41-1
Texts in Exhibition Catalogues
1. Sept. 2005 PostGender: Gender, Sexuality and Performativity in Contemporary Japanese Art, Exhibition catalogue, Haifa Museum Publication, 232pp. full colour, ISBN 965-7067-61-8
2. Nov. 2012 Smashing!: Fragments in Contemporary [Ceramic] Art and Beyond, Exhibition catalogue, Beit Benyamini, Tel Aviv, 64pp. full colour.
2. Dec. 2012 'Smashing! Deconstruction, Fragility and Fragments in Contemporary [Ceramic] Arts', catalogue article, Erev Rav Magazine for Art and Culture (in Hebrew), http://erev-rav.com/archives/21590
3. May 2013 'Folds and Tents, Portraits and Drawers: Homage to Lutfiya, My Sister at the Yarmouk Camp', in: Homage to Loutfiya, Abed Abdi's painting and two dimensional work, exh. cat. Beit Hagefen Gallery, Haifa. 96 pp. full colour.
4. May 2014 Two Moons on the Shore, Wind-Up Bird in Norwegian Wood: Haruki Murakami and Contemporary Art, Contemporary by Golconda Gallery, 45 pp. full colour.
5. March 2015 'Ceci n'est pas un Chofar', text for Avital Geva exhibition Jews, Contemporary by Golconda Art Gallery, Tel Aviv http://contemporary.co.il/show_exhibition/54
6. Sep 2015 'Meiro Koizumi: The Kamikaze Projects Towards a Definition of the Third Generation in Japan' exh. cat. Portrait of Failed Silence, MUAC (Museo Universitario Arte Contemporáneo), Mexico City